The range of our undertaking is to pulverize the manual ballot projecting process. And hence to better the vote process.
We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!
Vote and elections are indispensable ingredients of modern communities and we are populating in the age of computing machine so our vote system should be computerized than long process. For many old ages, elections, in general, have suffered from worsening engagement rates due to the incommodiousness of manual vote. Manual vote has several other drawbacks among which are inaccuracy in ballot numeration and the delayed proclamation of election consequences. This eventually consequences in fake vote. To get the better of these drawbacks, the Electronic vote ( e-voting ) technique, i.e. The usage of computing machines or computerized equipment to project ballots in elections has been proposed. E-voting automates and simplifies the election procedure, velocities it up, increases engagement rates, reduces numbering errors and minimizes the clip it takes to denote consequences.
We have divided this hunt paper into five parts. In the 1stwe will discourse a small about the history and the background of the vary system. 2neodymiumsubdivision is about the system demands. 3rdwould be the flow chart depicting the process technically. Along with a theory to depict the assorted subdivisions of the flow chart. In the 4Thursdaysubdivision, we will discourse the advantages and restrictions of the E-voting system. And precautional steps for maximal success of our undertaking harmonizing to our point of position. Finally we will discourse the decision of our whole treatment. [ IV ]
Electronic vote ( e-voting ) , election committee ( EC ) , Identification ID. [ IV ]
2. Back land
This computerized vote system has been implemented in the European states such as USA, London etc. besides in Asia ; India has adopted the E-voting system. This system no uncertainty has solved many jobs of the issue. [ III ]
3. System demands
The polling Stationss are set up by a vote authorization in suited locations such as station offices or shopping promenades and connected to cardinal location via Internet ( or a private web ) . A ballot casted at the personal computer of canvassing station will instantly be forwarded across the web to the centralized tallying site. ( Election committee EC ) . Voter is provided a keyboard or touch screen to tag their ballots on a computing machine terminus, straight connected to the EC. The personal computer in the polling station will hold stored informations of all the reliable users this bio-data includes ; finger prints. ID Information, smart card information and face image of the elector if felt guilty of projecting fake ballots. [ V ]
4. Flow chart
The figure shown in the following page is giving the flow chart of the given proposal. Some of import footings are at that place which have to be described are given below ;
4a. Designation of elector and checking of the enrollment
As the elector comes to the polling station he/she is required to supply his/her ID or the smart card issued by the authorities to him/her.
Smart card reader
Checking weather the reader is reliable or non
The finger publishing bio metric device could be used to fit his/her alone finger prints. The cameras are at that place to look into his/her activities continuously. [ V ]
Voter goes to canvassing station
Computer identifies the elector
Check enrollment to see if already ballot is cast
Indicates ready position to project ballot
Alarm is ON
Instructs the elector by exposing symbols
Voter selects the campaigner of his pick
Data base of elector is stored.
Confirmation of user ‘s pick is displayed on screen
4b. the casting process
Now the computing machine displays different election symbols among with the form so that even the uneducated individual could besides understand it easy. The dramatis personaes his/her ballot harmonizing to his/her pick by agencies of cardinal board or the touch screen provided to him/her in solitariness so that the free and fare ballot casting could be assured.
Confirmation is at that place harmonizing to the will of the reliable elector. On the show screen. Let state one have casted the ballot to the ARROW. Harmonizing to the fig 4 on the undermentioned page the ballot casted is secured. [ VIII ]
Data Base is stored
Name Lashkar-e-Taibas say Ms Jhangir Badar
Vote add to the ARROW 99+1=100
Storage is complete
For maximal security the issue should hold same individuality standards as that of
Entrance. This would guarantee entire and maximal security of the system. And alleviation from fake vote. [ V ]
ID / smart card
Shop in personal computer in issue file
Central computing machine
Fig 6. All polling Stationss are connected to EC via internet/wireless system.
The fig 6 shows a web of canvassing station in the whole state so as to ease the elector every bit far as possible. In the following page fig 7 shows a elector projecting his ballot by touch screen system. An hypertrophied fig of a polling station. [ IX ]
5a. on Election Day
- The vote machines are set up as polling booths. The machine is activated for each elector by a polling clerk via the attached control unit
- As electors cast their ballots on the vote machines, the ballots are automatically recorded on the ballot faculties.
- At the terminal of polling, backup transcripts are made of the ballots stored in the vote machines. The information is so eventually sent to the EC for numeration of ballots. [ VII ]
Fig 7. Voter projecting his ballot in complete privateness [ IX ]
Some of the applications needed for the execution of this undertaking are given below ;
- Merely eligible electors can project at that place ballot and he must be registered.
- Once a elector dramatis personae a ballot, no change to this ballot is permitted
- All valid ballots must be counted whereas all invalid 1s must non be counted.
- After projecting a ballot, no 1 should be able to associate the elector to this ballot.
- Throughout the vote procedure, a ballot can non be tempered with or viewed by any one.
- All illegible electors must be above to vote, one individual – one ballot. And no 1 can vote more than one time or ballot for others.
- A campaigner is besides a elector.
- An election victor must be one of the campaigners for that election. [ VI ]
7. Advantages and Restrictions
Some of the advantages of our undertaking are given below:
- A figure of ballots can be cast at the same time.
- A figure of elections can be run at the same time.
- E-voting automates and simplifies the election procedure.
- Its velocity is raised.
- The casting rate is increased manifold.
- It reduces the numeration errors and minimizes the clip it takes to denote the consequences.
Some of the restrictions of our undertaking are given below:
- The menace of anti-software of our plan is ever at that place.
- The hazard of an untrained individual botching this procedure is ever at that place. To get the better of this job the electors can be educated through Television or other print media. [ V ]
The electronic vote system on the whole is much better than the bing manual ballot projecting process. Therefore the modern states follow this system. Even more sophisticated and latest versions are available in the market and are being used. The Oklahoman we try this system the better it will be. [ III ]
- Web page of Ms. Mariam Jallal, 2006 jeeeee proceedings
- Introduction to computing machine by P.K. Sinha, 2003
- Microsoft Word hunt
- Card reader, Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia files
Would you like to get a custom essay? How about receiving a customized one?
Check it out